Is the epitome how white dominant culture still, through intentional and non intentional means, treats black people and their culture as sub-par and illegitimate.
Let’s start with the treatment of her name
1) Most of the offenders are too lazy to wrap their mouths around it because it is a “black” name
2) Offenders trying to substitute by calling her “Annie”
3) Offenders poking fun at her name. Because her name is not worthy, yes?
And let us end with her being called a “cunt” by the white media.
God forbid a little white girl should have ever been referred to as a cunt. The entire country would be in uproar.
- gumasaat likes this
- bonjoli reblogged this from king-irie and added:
- practicallyblack likes this
- lapeautranquille likes this
- i-am-brazilian-not-black likes this
- ergo-i-blog likes this
- the-eclectic-lady likes this
- penguinseatsnow reblogged this from king-irie and added:
- frankyfran likes this
- counting-stars-on-the-ceiling likes this
- king-irie posted this